Sunday, May 13, 2007

smile! you're on condo camera

Sorry for the lack of updates — there just really isn't much going on in condo world. I'm waiting for a call back from my condo board to set up an interview. Fingers crossed that they like me!

My mom came in town this weekend, and we stopped by my future place to take some pictures. I'm getting a little nervous. So much work to do! Here are the shots we took, and I'll give you a sense of the renovations we have in mind.

The living room: There's not much to do in here, except for paint (and install a big screen LCD TV ... hint, hint, parents/family). I decided my colors need to be in the brown/red/gold family, since the countertops are sand granite and the headboard of my bed is a sage green suede. Suggestions, anyone? (And please excuse the hideous furnishings in these pictures. The current tenant is a guy.)



The bedroom: We can't really figure out what the owner was thinking when she went with this red. I'm all about intense colors too, but this red is just a little ... shocking. Picking paint colors is definitely not my strong suit, though, so again I ask ... suggestions, anyone?

The bathroom: Ugh. I hate the bathroom. First order of business is installing a sink with a cabinet, since the current sink has no storage whatsoever. I'd like to put in one of those where the shelf travels across the wall, above the commode. I also need to replace the medicine cabinet, since the one right now is very plain.

I'm also installing a sliding glass shower door, since I'm not a big fan of shower curtains. The problem with that, though, is that people will then have to look at that HORRIBLE grey-and-white tile. Gross. Just gross. I'm trying to convince my mom that ceramic tile is an absolute must, but she's not really budging. I might need to start some kind of charitable fund. Because that tile is a threat to beauty.

The kitchen: Right now the kitchen is a very narrow galley kitchen that is immediately on your left when you walk in the front door. We want to extend the back wall of the kitchen (from the refrigerator) into an L-shape, making a breakfast bar. The main problem with this will be space. There's only about four feet from the door to the kitchen, so we'll have to squeeze!


5 Comments:

At May 14, 2007 at 12:26 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Campbell, you need to leave the bedroom in the America theme. I personally recommend a flag bedspread - the plain navy is a little too subtle for me.

UGH. Boys's places are always totally gross... even if they are owned and not rented.

 
At May 14, 2007 at 12:56 PM , Blogger Elbaz said...

Looks like a sweet little place!!!

 
At May 16, 2007 at 10:01 AM , Blogger JenLog said...

Looks great Cam! Where is it located?!

 
At May 18, 2007 at 5:53 AM , Blogger Gail said...

I like it! True, men can't decorate, but, it has alot of potential.

I didn't see, does it have a pedestal sink in the bathroom? If it does, I say leave it, and get a small, thin, tall cabinet to put your stuff in that you'd normally put under the sink. We actually took our vanity out and put in a pedestal sink because it gave us so much more room. Don't worry about the tile for now. Brighten the space up with some fabulous pictures and towels. Trust me, tile sucks.

Um, yeah, red in the bedroom? No no no. Go for something more soothing.

I have to agree. That living room is just begging for a plasma to hang on the wall. ;)

 
At May 18, 2007 at 7:33 AM , Blogger campbell said...

Jen, it's in Foggy Bottom, across from the Watergate.

Gail, I would LOVE if it had a pedestal sink. The sink is hanging from the wall!!! My college apartment at least had a cabinet, albeit with one door hanging off. No pedestal, no cabinet. So that will have to be fixed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home