Thursday, June 7, 2007

so yeah, about that ...

As I announced in my other blog (and yes, I am one of those people, though I haven't hit rock bottom yet), I lost the condo. I found out on the way to a wine festival on Saturday (which turned out to be very convenient) and I was very sad. Thankfully, a few days have passed, I've already started looking again, and I agree with the legions of people I know IRL who have said, "You know what? Probably for the best." I'm not sure if they meant it, or if they pitied me for being such a sad person that a bunch of old people don't want to live with me, but I'm happy to hear it.

The process started going downhill rather quickly, though I didn't really recognize the signs. I would call to inquire about the status of my application, and no one would call me back. The owner decided to put it back on the market. The board asked me to put another $15,000 down. All this together, a logical person might think, "Hmm, it's occurring to me that I might not get this place." But not me. All I could think was, Butter Bread brown or Burnt Henna red for the kitchen?

So ultimately, when I got the call that my application was rejected, I was pissed. Six weeks of thinking about this condo, this building, this neighborhood were over. It felt like a waste. I questioned at first if I even wanted to start over again.

But obviously I have, spurred on by the idea of spending $3000 a month on a studio. And this time I'll be more cautious, sure, but I'm definitely more savvy. I know what I want. I know to wrinkle my nose at garish walls and kitchens with no dishwasher, and I no longer equivocate to my realtor (Campbell circa two months ago: "A studio? Well, maybe, I mean, if it's in the right area and ..." Campbell now: "No.") The right place is out there, and I'll find it. And until I do, I have other things to spend my money on.

So come back, ya'll. The journey continues.

1 Comments:

At June 7, 2007 at 2:20 PM , Blogger Gail said...

I love the things you plan to spend your money on! Hugs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home